[Kamailio-Users] [dialog module] dialog is not terminated when no ACK is received

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Tue Mar 16 14:44:15 CET 2010

2010/3/16 Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com>:
>> 1) INVITE, 200 but no ACK received.
>> The dialog remains in state 3 for dialog module default_timeout value
>> (long time usually). IMHO as no ACK is received the dialog should be
>> deleted after 32 seconds (the time the TM module waits for the ACK).
>>

> But isn't there a BYE coming from callee after 32sec? Callee should end the
> dialog in its side if no ACK is received.

That's right. Let me check because I think there was one more issue
with this (perhaps in case the BYE got no reply or couldn't be sent
via TCP...). Not sure now.
Anyhow there are some devices (wrong devices) not sending BYE if ACK
doesn't arrive after 32 seconds. They just release the RTP :(

>> 2) When the INVITE transaction is terminated by a final [3456]XX
>> response, the dialog remains in memory in state 5
>> for ~4 seconds. I've inspected the code and couldn't find a timer or
>> whatever that could make the dialog information to be kept for such
>> time.
>>

> Not in dialog module, but it is tm module. IIRC, the last reference to such
> dialog is destroyed when the transaction is deleted from memory. That should
> happen aprox 2sec after the transaction is completed and reply sent. To be
> sure it is this one, you can play with tm parameter delete_timer or so. I am
> going to dig in more as well.

ok, understood then. Thanks.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo