[Kamailio-Users] [dialog module] dialog is not terminated when no ACK is received

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Tue Mar 16 13:36:57 CET 2010

2010/3/16 Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com>:

> I agree that state 3 should stay no longer than 32sec, normally this should
> be clear by caller sending BYE due to non-ACK. You said you are not doing
> record routing, how the bye gets then to the proxy so the dialog is cleared
> from memory?

Humm no, I didn't mean it, I'm using record route (I just said that
without record route dialog module makes no sense).

The issues are two:

1) INVITE, 200 but no ACK received.
The dialog remains in state 3 for dialog module default_timeout value
(long time usually). IMHO as no ACK is received the dialog should be
deleted after 32 seconds (the time the TM module waits for the ACK).

2) When the INVITE transaction is terminated by a final [3456]XX
response, the dialog remains in memory in state 5
for ~4 seconds. I've inspected the code and couldn't find a timer or
whatever that could make the dialog information to be kept for such
time.

Regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo