[Kamailio-Users] Kamailio and SIP <-> XMPP gateway

Even André Fiskvik grevenx at me.com
Tue Mar 2 14:42:13 CET 2010

On 2. mars 2010, at 14.25, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:

>>> You can use ngrep to sniff the network to see connection between kamailio (openser) and xmpp server as well as run kamailio in debug mode in order to get more verbose log messages for each operation.
>>>
>> I've tried sniffing traffic on the server, and it doesn't seem like kamailio tries to connect to the XMPP server at all :/
>> Any clues what might be causing this?
>
> Did you run in debug mode? Can you post the log messages?
By debug-mode I guess you mean "debug=4" and without forking? Is this sufficient?
I din't include any log messages as it didn't seem to be anything related to calling xmpp functions there at all :/

>>  I've attached my kamailio config-file as well if anyone would take
>
> You sent the email only to me. Did you intend it for mailing list? I recommend to keep sending to mailing list apart of messages with private data. In this way many can reply and other can learn from discussion.
I'm truly sorry, the message was of course ment to go to the list.
I'm used to messages going to the list default when using the "reply" button.

>>  a look at it (the main config is in xmpp.cfg) and also a diagram showing how the components are realated to each other.
>>
> I will try to look over configs when I get some time -- because of a trip ahead I am pretty constrained today.
Thanks, that sounds great.
However I must mention that I tried downgrading to kamailio 1.5.4, and when I use the same config there
I can see from the log that it tries to connect to the XMPP server.
Might something be broken either in my 3.0.0 install or in 3.0.0 in general?

Best regards,
Even André