[Kamailio-Users] Kamailio (1.5 rev5834) and/or rtpproxy gets frozen

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 12:51:09 CET 2010

On 03/01/2010 12:35 PM, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> El Lunes, 1 de Marzo de 2010, Daniel-Constantin Mierla escribió:

>>> And the worst: when this occurs kamailio logs *nothing*.
>>>
>> is it eating a lot of cpu? Can you attach to it with gdb and do a
>>   backtrace?
>>
> Do you mean running kamailio as usual and later running:
>    gdb>  attach KAMAILIO_MASTER_PID
> ?

yes, run as usual and when it is no longer working attach to a SIP
worker process and grab the backtrace.

The master process does not do much, just supervising the other
processes in order to clean.

> or running directly:
>
> $ gdb --args  /usr/sbin/kamailio -P /var/run/kamailio/kamailio.pid -m 64 -u
> kamailio -g kamailio
>
> In the second case kamailio doesn't fork and doesn't bind to the listening
> address. So I assume you mean the first case.

Right.

> Could it affect to the performance of the service? If not, when to run "bt"?
> after the problem occurs?

Yes, after the problem occurs. Only the process you attach to is going
to be blocked in gdb, the others should function normally (but they
don't anyhow, as I understood).

> Also note that when Kamailio gest frozen there is no coredump.
> I also tell that after running "kamctl fifo address_reload" it takes several
> minutes until it get frozen, but it doesn't occur always.
>

>> Might be some race in permissions module induced by address_reload MI
>> command.
>>
> I suspected it. However it doesn't explain the fact that later kamailio cannot
> be started again (even after killing all the kamailio processes with -9).
> Would it make sense?

Is it the fifo/pid file there? No error why is not starting again?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio SIP Router Masterclass, Berlin, March 22-26, 2010
* http://www.asipto.com/index.php/sip-router-masterclass/