[Kamailio-Users] Kamailio (1.5 rev5834) and/or rtpproxy gets frozen

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Mon Mar 1 12:35:10 CET 2010

El Lunes, 1 de Marzo de 2010, Daniel-Constantin Mierla escribió:
> On 03/01/2010 11:52 AM, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> > El Lunes, 1 de Marzo de 2010, Iñaki Baz Castillo escribió:
> >> Sometimes, with no reason (not just in the moments of highest traffic)
> >> kamailio gets totally frozen, this is, it doesn't reply to SIP messages,
> >> neither relays them. Then Kamailio cannot be killed (just with -9).
> >
> > And the worst: when this occurs kamailio logs *nothing*.
>
> is it eating a lot of cpu? Can you attach to it with gdb and do a
>  backtrace?

Do you mean running kamailio as usual and later running:
  gdb> attach KAMAILIO_MASTER_PID
?

or running directly:

$ gdb --args  /usr/sbin/kamailio -P /var/run/kamailio/kamailio.pid -m 64 -u
kamailio -g kamailio

In the second case kamailio doesn't fork and doesn't bind to the listening
address. So I assume you mean the first case.

Could it affect to the performance of the service? If not, when to run "bt"?
after the problem occurs?
Also note that when Kamailio gest frozen there is no coredump.
I also tell that after running "kamctl fifo address_reload" it takes several
minutes until it get frozen, but it doesn't occur always.

> Might be some race in permissions module induced by address_reload MI
> command.

I suspected it. However it doesn't explain the fact that later kamailio cannot
be started again (even after killing all the kamailio processes with -9).
Would it make sense?

Thanks a lot.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc at aliax.net>