[Kamailio-Users] kamailio / deadlock3

Aymeric Moizard jack at atosc.org
Thu Jan 28 12:19:32 CET 2010

On Thu, 28 Jan 2010, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On 1/28/10 11:18 AM, Aymeric Moizard wrote:
>>
>> Got some more info:
>>
>> The UDP deadlock always seems to happen after a SUBSCRIBE
>> is sent (in UDP) to mobipouce.com:
>>
>> Jan 28 11:00:40 ns26829 /usr/sbin/kamailio[13363]:
>> ERROR:core:tcp_blocking_connect: poll error: flags 18
>> Jan 28 11:00:40 ns26829 /usr/sbin/kamailio[13363]:
>> ERROR:core:tcp_blocking_connect: failed to retrieve SO_ERROR (111)
>> Connection refused
>> Jan 28 11:00:40 ns26829 /usr/sbin/kamailio[13363]:
>> ERROR:core:tcpconn_connect: tcp_blocking_connect failed
>> Jan 28 11:00:40 ns26829 /usr/sbin/kamailio[13363]: ERROR:core:tcp_send:
>> connect failed
>> Jan 28 11:00:40 ns26829 /usr/sbin/kamailio[13363]: ERROR:tm:msg_send:
>> tcp_send failed
>> Jan 28 11:00:40 ns26829 /usr/sbin/kamailio[13363]:
>> ERROR:tm:t_forward_nonack: sending request failed
>>
>> This logs happens each time I got a SUSCRIBE being relayed to another
>> server: mobipouce.com. But the deadlock doesn't appear each time.
>>
>> mobipouce.com is an existing & running server where I can connect with UDP
>> and TCP. However, the SRV record returns 2 host where one host is down.
>> (and I never got reply for the SUBSCRIBE: either if it fall into deadlock
>> cas or not)
>>
>> In case I can reproduce what step could I take to get more information
>> about the issue? Any kmctl command?
>
> is it recovering itself or you have to restart? How much cpu usage you get?

Not noticed any CPU issue: I'll check exactly next time. (but traffic is
growing up as kamailio don't answer any more.

> I if one or many eating lot of cpu, then use gdb to attach to the pid of
> process using lot of cpu and get the back trace:
>
> gdb /path/to/kamailio pid

I think I can reproduce now. So I'll take a try.

It's definitly after the SRV check: the server choose the
sip2.mobipouce.com server where no sip server is running
and failed to connect. Then the network capture shows that
kamailio is still sending a few SIP packets (like NOTIFY)
but no SIP answers is coming out of kamailio.

I will do more testing, but I guess one can reproduce
by relaying to mobipouce.com!

Aymeric