[Kamailio-Users] 477 Send failed

Vikram Ragukumar vragukumar at signalogic.com
Mon Jan 25 23:14:25 CET 2010

Klaus,

Thank you for your reply.

  ---------  9090  --------  9090   --------
|Softphone|------|Kamailio|-------|Asterisk|
  ---------       |rtpproxy|        --------
		  --------
		      ^

	IPtables Redirect 9090->5060

In our setup we have SIP signaling on port 9090 but Kamailio,Asterisk
listen on 5060. I have setup iptables on the server running Kamailio and
rtpproxy to redirect 9090 to 5060 at the PREROUTING and OUTPUT chains of
the nat table.

Turns out the port redirection was not taking place in the OUTPUT chain
of the nat table, so Asterisk was ignoring all the messages. I wrote a
program using libnetfilter_queue to carry out port translation for
packets originating at the server running Kamailio and destined to
Asterisk, while still using iptables port redirection in the PREROUTING
chain.This seems to work well.

Thanks and regards,
Vikram.