[Kamailio-Users] Global constants

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Mon Jan 25 15:13:42 CET 2010

Daniel,

What is the recommended way (if any) to have a "global constant" that
exists outside of any particular routes, in K3?

My objective is to define a global DB_URL that can be used by all
modules everywhere, but I can't just 'and' the modules together, e.g.

    modparam("mod1|mod2|mod3|...", "db_url", "...")

because the modules are dynamically included (thanks to include_file!)
and I do not know the list of all loaded modules easily at runtime.
So instead, db_url is configured on a per-module basis.

I thought preprocessor constants (e.g. #!define and friends) would
allow me to set values for them, but they don't, so that's out.  What
other options are available that do not involve an event/local route,
and operate instead in the completely global namespace?

Right now, I am using a Perl script that manually substitutes the
value of the db_url modparam everywhere in a large directory tree.  :/
  What am I not thinking of?

Cheers,

-- Alex

--