[Kamailio-Users] mysql loadbalancing

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Jan 21 22:28:57 CET 2010

Iñaki,

On 01/21/2010 04:23 PM, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:

> Does such mysql proxy allow prepared statements? They are stored in the
> server, this is, when the MySQL client connects it creates the prepared
> statements in the MySQL server.
> If the MySQL servers restarts it looses the prepared statements so the client
> must react and re-create them. But in the case of a mysql proxy this task
> should take place in the proxy itself, right? Do mysql proxy implement it?

My understanding is that MySQL proxy is a "low-level" proxy that plumbs
data interchange via MySQL's internal binary protocol, not a
higher-level representation of the RDBM backend's interface.

It is also my understanding that it creates "sticky" sessions to
whatever MySQL server is being interacted with.  The meaning of "load
balancing" is not that every query or statement is executed on a
different server.  But I could be wrong.

Cheers,

-- Alex

--
Alex Balashov - Principal