[Kamailio-Users] What is the best module for routing INVITE based on DID in R-URI?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 09:58:43 CET 2010

On 1/20/10 12:54 AM, Geoffrey Mina wrote:
> Thanks for the idea.  Ill have lots of these, so If you wouldn't mind,
> could you elaborate a bit on using ENUM in kamailio.
>
> P.s. I'm on 1.5

enum implementation is pretty mature, without relevant changes since 1.3
or so.

Regarding enum, practically is about storing relation between numbers
and sip addresses in DNS server and you query the DNS server each time
you get a call. Is good if you are familiar with dns servers. For more,
you can start from here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telephone_Number_Mapping

> Thanks
>
> On 1/19/10, Andreas Sikkema<h323 at ramdyne.nl>  wrote:
>
>> On Jan 19, 2010, at 8:34 PM, Geoffrey Mina wrote:
>>

>>> I am putting up a Kamailio server which will do nothing but route
>>> INVITE requests from my upstream carrier to individual offices on my
>>> side.  The office locations will NOT be registered SIP UAs, but other
>>> Kamailio proxy servers.  What I want to have is a database of DIDs
>>> associated with a forwarding IP:Port and/or SRV records.
>>>
>>> 5555551212 ==>  1.2.3.4:5060
>>> 5555551213 ==>  1.2.3.5:5060
>>>
>> If I had a reasonable amount of relations like this so that maintenance by
>> hand would be an issue I'd try to find an ENUM setup that was easily
>> manageable. Point an ENUM address to a trusted peer and you're done.
>>
>> --
>> Andreas

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
* http://www.asipto.com/