[Kamailio-Users] BYE packet is not received in siptrace module !!

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 20:25:34 CET 2010

Hi Alex,

On 1/19/10 7:48 PM, Alex Balashov wrote:
> Daniel,
>
> On 01/19/2010 08:25 AM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
>
>> sip_trace();
>> setflag(18);
>
> Why do you call sip_trace(), and then set the flag afterward?
>
> Also, I thought it is as with dialog module - one has choice either to
> invoke sip_trace() manually or to set a flag, but not both?  Why do
> you do both?  And why in that order?

order does not matter.

Maybe would be good to make auto-setting of the flag if sip_trace is
executed. So, sip_trace() does a snapshot of the current processed
message (incoming). The flag is set in order to trace outgoing request
and all replies related to transaction. Probably one that wants to trace
the incoming request wants to trace everything related.

However, siptrace is not dialog aware, so it works only at transaction
level and must be called for each transaction (e.g., BYE).

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
* http://www.asipto.com/