[Kamailio-Users] [kamailio-users] Implement kamailio sever failover

Sat Jan 16 10:58:15 CET 2010

Hi!

For failover there are several possibilities. The simplest on, I guess
the one you are referring to, is IP takeover.

This is: 2 servers. On both is Kamailio and the database (e.g. mysql)
installed. The SIP service uses a virtual IP address which is either
configured at server 1 or server 2 (never on both). Kamailio process is
only running on the server which has the virtual IP address provisioned.

Then you need some other software to monitor the SIP service and trigger
the failover from one server to the other server (e.g. either write some
  shell scripts or use existing software like hearbeat, ultramonkey, ...)

Further - depending on your scenario - you might need some database
replication (e.g. mysql cluster or mysql with master-master replication).

regards
klaus