[Kamailio-Users] Converting rtpproxy recorded .rtp file to .wav file

Vikram Ragukumar vragukumar at signalogic.com
Thu Jan 14 22:47:07 CET 2010

Carsten,

Thank you for your reply.

Carsten Bock wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 1)
> Did you try to post your problem on the RTP-Proxy-Users' List?
> Probably, you might get more help there....

Yes i have posted on rtpproxy users list.

> 2)
> Did you try to extract the Audio with Wireshark? If Wireshark can play
> the Audio (and i assume it is correctly implemented), then the recorded
> stream as such is correct. Then you can check, if the bug lies in
> rtpbreak (or as a next step: sox). Just to limit the possible sources of
> the problem...

I have not tried Wireshark to extract the audio. I have been using
rtpbreak to generate the .raw file. Subsequent to which i use sox to
convert the .raw to a .wav file. By importing the the .raw file into
Hypersignal software, we found that the .raw file doesnt entirely seem
to be composed of speech samples, so there could be a problem at the
rtpbreak step.

This is the command i used to convert rtpproxy's capture file to .raw format

rtpbreak -W -r capturefile.rtp

Am i missing something here ?

Thanks and Regards,
Vikram.