[Kamailio-Users] about kamailio with sctp

Bruce McAlister bruce.mcalister at blueface.ie
Thu Jan 14 02:25:47 CET 2010

Hi Klaus,

> I do not know. For kamailio 1.5 I would just grep for SCTP in the
> sources to get the answer.
> For kamailio 3.0 (based on sip-router with a new (I guess much better)
> SCTP implementation there is probably another method needed. A cite from
> another email from Andrei:
>
>> Yes, make cfg SCTP=1 and then make all will compile with SCTP support.
>> I'm currently pondering whether or not I should make the SCTP support
>> automatic (if the needed *.h files are installed compile it
automatically).

I am compiling Kamailio 3.0.0 on Solaris 10 which does have SCTP support
inherent in the OS. I did a 'grep -i sctp Makefile*' and saw that there were
checks for SCTP in the makefiles.

I ended up building Kamailio 3.0.0 with the following command line:

make prefix=/opt/kamailio \
     SCTP=1 \
     CC_EXTRA_OPTS=-I/usr/gnu/include \
     group_include="standard postgres presence" \
     include_modules="snmpstats perl tls" \
     all

The build went through successfully and I can see that sctp_server.o has
been linked into the kamailio binary when the build is running.

Does anyone know of any tool that I can use to test Kamailio using the SCTP
protocol?

Thanks
Bruce