[Kamailio-Users] Rtpproxy not recording media stream

Jeff Brower jbrower at signalogic.com
Wed Jan 13 19:16:24 CET 2010

Klaus-

> Jeff Brower schrieb:
>> Raúl-

>>> Why did you use a bridge interface (br0) between Kamailio and Asterisk ? ...
>>> did you know that you will overload your kamailio machine without need .. ?
>>
>> This is a customer requirement, otherwise we wouldn't do it.  The customer wants the Asterisk server and some other
>> servers on a different LAN segment.  We can remove the bridge for testing.

Thanks for your reply Klaus.

> With a bridge interface you do not have different LAN segments. A bridge
> bridges multiple LAN segments into a single one.

Yes I was not clear... I just meant they wanted to keep the Asterisk server on a different segment for their reasons,
and use a bridge to the Kamailio server.

> Probably they want to
> have some kind of security for their Asterisk server, but using a bridge
> interface connects the Internet and the LAN segment transparently. Maybe
> you have to teach the customer.

Very possible.  Once we have it working both ways (with/without bridge), I have a feeling the bridge may cause enough
issues -- or not enough advantages -- and it will be easier to convince them to re-think.

> For separating the networks, it would be better (from security point of
> view), to NOT use a bridge interface, but do the bridging on application
> layer. Therefore Kamailio supports "multi-homing" and therefore rtpproxy
> has a "bridge-mode".
>
>               -----------------------
>              |                       |
>              |      -Kamailio-       |    -----------
>              |     /     |    \      |
>    --------  | -------   |   ------- |   | CentOS5.4 |
>              |           |           |
> |Internet|--|  eth0 |   |   | eth1  |---| Asterisk  |
>              |           |           |
>    --------  | -------   |   ------- |    -----------
>              |      -rtpproxy-       |
>
> In this setup, if you disable routing on the Kamailio server, there is
> no direct connection possible between the Internet and the Asterisk
> server. Only data which passed either Kamailio or rtpproxy can get from
> the Internet into the LAN segment.
>
> In this case, Kamailio+rtpproxy are working in SBC-like style.

In this setup, can Kamailio allow non-SIP protocols (HTTP, SSH, etc) to pass to the Asterisk server and/or other servers?

-Jeff