[Kamailio-Users] "Permanent" AVP

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 12:49:34 CET 2010

Hello,

On 1/11/10 12:09 PM, Antonio Reale wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'd like to simulate in kamailio 1.4.4, the loading of a global
> setting (like a parameter that is loaded only at startup), using AVPs.
> So, I want to load some AVP only at proxy startup. Probably it is not
> possible because, if I'm not wrong, AVPs are transaction persistent.
> The problem is that I don't need to load those AVPs for every
> transaction. There is a why to implement such configuration?

you should upgrade for such features:
- in 1.5.x you can use htable to cache value in shared memory and
perhaps offers what you need
- in 3.0.0 you still have htable, but you have also the global avps, you
can set/get them with $avp(g.name). You can load at startup within route
event_route[htable:mod-init] { ... } via sqlops

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
* http://www.asipto.com/