[Kamailio-Users] Rtpproxy not recording media stream

Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana rabs at dimension-virtual.com
Wed Jan 13 08:57:38 CET 2010

On Wednesday 13 January 2010 06:58:43 Jeff Brower wrote:
> Raúl-
> This is a customer requirement, otherwise we wouldn't do it.  The customer
> wants the Asterisk server and some other servers on a different LAN
> segment.  We can remove the bridge for testing.

Ok, but there is no need to do a bridge interface on the proxy for having the
rest of the servers on other lan segment.

> > If your softphone is directly registered agains Asterisk, and not to your
> > kamailio server ... Kamailio will not handle the signaling, so it will
> > never instruct rtpproxy to do anything.
>
> Thanks Raúl... we'll change the registration and re-test.

Take into account that if kamailio does't handle the signaling, you could not
use rtpproxy as media-recorder. It seems like your customer whant something
like a transparent recorder in front of Asterisk, but if it is that what they
want ... you are facing the wrong way with kamailio+rtpproxy

Best Regards
--
Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana
Dimensión Virtual