[Kamailio-Users] Rtpproxy not recording media stream

Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana rabs at dimension-virtual.com
Wed Jan 13 01:06:58 CET 2010

On Tuesday 12 January 2010 17:46:15 Vikram Ragukumar wrote:
> Daniel,
>
> Thank you for your reply.
>
>              -----------------------
>
>             |       CentOS5.4       |    -----------
>
>   --------  | ----     ---     ---- |   | CentOS5.4 |
>
> |Internet|--|eth0|---|br0|---|eth1|----| Asterisk  |
>
>   --------  | ----     ---     ---- |    -----------
>
>             | Kamailio + rtpproxy   |
>
>              -----------------------
>
> br0 has a static Public IPv4 address a.b.c.d, and acts as a bridge
> between eth0 and eth1. Both eth0 and eth1 do not have IPv4 addresses.

Why did you use a bridge interface (br0) between Kamailio and Asterisk ? ...
did you know that you will overload your kamailio machine without need .. ?

> The box running Asterisk also has a public IPv4 address a.b.c.e
>
> The default config file for Kamailio Kamailo.cfg has been edited to
> include Nat and mysql support. I need Kamailio to function as a proxy by
> forwarding all SIP signaling information to Asterisk.

For that you don't need a bridge interface

> Rtpproxy is started using
> rtpproxy -l a.b.c.d -s udp:127.0.0.1:7722 -r /var/log -a
> -S /root/rtpproxy
>
> then Kamailio is started to listen on 127.0.0.1:5060 and a.b.c.d:5060
>
> I make a test call using x-lite softphone registered with Asterisk,
> however rtpproxy does not seem to record the session at all. I have
> checked the directory to make sure the permissions are alright.

If your softphone is directly registered agains Asterisk, and not to your
kamailio server ... Kamailio will not handle the signaling, so it will never
instruct rtpproxy to do anything.

> Is there something i am missing here ?

Yes, your network schema is totally wrong

--
Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana
Dimensión Virtual