[Kamailio-Users] SIP proxy is expecting "Route:" header to befilled information from the last "Contact:" header ?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 21:04:44 CET 2010

Hi Julien,

On 1/12/10 8:46 PM, Julien Chavanton wrote:
> I take this as an answer :
> "(Route set is filled with Record-Route values of the
> INVITE - 200)."
> Case closed, sorry but reading RFC about SIP proxy is not always 100%
> clear for me, for example there is no ACK in the example.
indeed, Route headers are built out of Record-Route headers found in
INVITE and 200ok.

Note that Kamailio is doing by default loose routing, you may find some
devices still doing the old specs with strict-routing.

When it is the case of strict routing you find Contact address in last
Route header, otherwise, with loose routing, contact address is in
Request URI and Route headers only with addresses from Record-Route.

If you are involved in a scenario with strict and loose routers, then it
is a bit more complex. However Kamailio deals very well with both
separately or in a mixture.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
* http://www.asipto.com/