[Kamailio-Users] %23 remove from rU

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Tue Jan 12 15:41:33 CET 2010

Section 19.1.2 ("Character Escaping Requirements") of RFC 3261 says
quite clearly that special characters must be escaped when appearing in
SIP URIs.

It's up to the SIP stack to decode them and translate them into
something usable by the caller, if needed.  Kamailio doesn't do this for
'#' by default.

If you want to decode escaped characters, try use the transformations
that are designed for that, i.e. {s.unescape.user}.  Example:

    $(rU{s.unescape.user})