[Kamailio-Users] This has probably been asked a thousand times before...

Robert B devo at spudland.com
Mon Jan 11 17:55:06 CET 2010

Regardless, despite my Googlage, I can't seem to find what I am looking for.

I've looked at the Wiki and the documentation. While I do have a
programming background, I still am having a hard time grasping some of
these tutorials. Many of them seem very specific and not at all relevant
to what I am trying to do. I feel like I'm left without a good starting
point.

My goal is to have Kamailio setup as an ITSP would. That is, I have
three sipxecs PBX systems here, and rather than have each one configured
with umpteen SIP trunks that I'll need to manage, I want to have (for
the time being) just one -- that one would be my personal Kamailio
server. When a user makes a call, it first goes to my Kamailio server
which then distribute the calls to my ITSPs (like Bandwidth.com,
voip.ms, etc). I want the ACLs to be setup based on IP addresses and not
user registrations. I want nothing to do with the media or RTP streams.

First step would be termination (outbound). The obvious next step would
be setting it up for origination (inbound).

I've downloaded and installed the SIREMIS web UI for OpenSER 1.4.x, but
as I said my lack of understanding of the terminology's context
prohibits me from really exploring anything. Some areas look familiar,
others seem redundant, etc. The reason I started with the web UI was
because it's obviously easier and it also produces output that is
syntactically correct for my own examination and learning purposes.

What would the appropriate terminology for this kind of setup be? Can
anyone point out a Wiki article which I may have missed? To me, this
seems like the most basic of basic configurations and a seemingly
obvious launching point for anyone getting into the software...

Thanks!

-- Robert