[Kamailio-Users] Error in Running kamailio !!

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 17:09:30 CET 2010

On 1/5/10 11:34 AM, Klaus Darilion wrote:
> Try starting kamailio manually (e.g. "kamailio") or using the init
> scripts (/etc/init.d/kamailio start)
init.d script is provided in the tutorial:
http://www.kamailio.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/install:kamailio-1.5.x-from-svn#the_init.d_script

Note that kamctl and init.d scripts start kamailio with a different pid
file, so it is not working to start using one and stop using the other.

To check for errors:

/usr/loca/sbin/kamailio -c

> klaus
>
> Dinesh gautam schrieb:
>> Dear Sir,
>>
>> I am using kamailio 1.5.0,  having installed and configured as given
>> on the kamailio site
>> <http://www.kamailio.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/install:kamailio-1.5.x-from-svn>
>> on my PC having Centos operating system. I have configured the config
>> files kamailio.cfg, kamctlrc accordingly as given on site.
>>
>> when I start the kamailio using kamctl start command. it gives the
>> error message like
>>
>> *[root at localhost ~]# kamctl start
>> database engine 'MYSQL' loaded
>> Control engine 'FIFO' loaded
>>
>> INFO: Starting Kamailio :
>>
>> ERROR: PID file /var/run/kamailio.pid does not exist -- Kamailio
>> start failed
>>
>> *please* *help me out to solve this problem and suggest me where I am
>> wrong. * *I have configured kamalio so many times it gives me the
>> same kind of error message.
>>

>> *
>>
>> *
>> -