[Kamailio-Users] Scaling up asterisk using kamailio while keeping features (WAS: re-invite mid call?)

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 15:01:36 CET 2010

Hello,

On 1/4/10 2:52 PM, Antonio Goméz Soto wrote:
> Hi Daniel.
>

> Op 04-01-10 14:11, Daniel-Constantin Mierla schreef:
>>
>> I would try to do:
>> - partition the users per asterisk instance - as much as possible host
>> the users talking to each other in same asterisk
>> - use kamailio as central registry server - if the destination user is
>> not on the same asterisk instance, forward it to kamailio and from there
>> to the right asterisk instance
>>

> It's not clear to me what this means. The phones register to Kamailio
> as their registrar server.

you can do this way, too, scaling better.

But I thought you want to preserve as much as possible current
architecture. So the phones register to asterisk -- this to be done by
configuring each phone to use the proper asterisk.

Once you add a new phone, you add a routing info in kamailio binding the
phone id to asterisk ip (you can do that with alias_db, pdt, htable, and
other modules, just a matter of taste).

In asterisk dialplan, if the dialed number is not a local phone, forward
it to kamailio which will forward to right asterisk.

I can think of various options to optimize and auto-provision, like
automatically updating kamailio's routing rules based on user registration.

--
Daniel-Constantin Mierla
* http://www.asipto.com/