[Kamailio-Users] Exotic case (but real) in which RtpProxy doesn't work

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Fri Feb 26 14:08:36 CET 2010

Hi, I've a problem with an Alcatel PBX in the way it performs transference:

- Alcatel (behind NAT) sends INVITE to 111 and Kamailio forces RtpProxy. Let's
assume the selected UDP port for RtpProxy is 1000.

- Alcatel sends INVITE to 222 and Kamailio forces RtpProxy. Let's assume the
selected UDP port for RtpProxy is 2000.

Then Alcatel performs the transference as follows:

- It sends a re-INVITE for 111 to Kamailio by setting the SDP to the IP or
RtpProxy and port 2000.

- It also sends a re-INVITE for 222 to Kamailio by setting the SDP to the IP
or RtpProxy and port 1000.

This is, Alcatel wants that the provider (me) sends the RTP to itself, while
mantaining the original SIP dialogs established (so it's ok at signalling
level, but at RTP level it cannot work as RtpProxy shoud send RTP to itself).

I'm thinking on how to solve it but find no solution. Any suggestion?
Thanks.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc at aliax.net>