[Kamailio-Users] Registration Timeout Retransmission

Hemanshu Patel hemanshu.patel at saicare.com
Sat Feb 13 06:32:12 CET 2010

Thanks everyone for the reply,

But my problem is i dont want my REGISTER request to be handled
statefully....it increases CPU and memory utilization....and i am suppsoe
to handle lot of users on this server.

Then it seems theres no solution via configuration parameters..... i think
i need to add some codes somewhere to solve the problem.

the States are as below:

# registration is handled in stateless manner
# every REGISTER request...even if it is retransmission is been seen as
new transaction and as nonce_reuse is not allowed...it creates new
credentials and sends back 401 to phone.
# here i want something to stop.... i want to detect that this register
request is mere retransmission and not a new REGISTER request... and drop
it within some time frame...say cseq_delay time frame.....

Where should i starts roaming in code? can you guide me a bit about it.

--
Regards,

Hemanshu Patel

M: 09601295238

> Hello,
>
> On 2/12/10 1:09 PM, Klaus Darilion wrote:
>>

>> Am 12.02.2010 11:23, schrieb Hemanshu Patel:
>>> What kamailio is doing is what normally any rfc 3261 should do.
>>> But in my case i dont want once used nonce and response to be
>>> reused.... i
>>> think i left with only one solution, and which is that i am not
>>> suppose to
>>> entertain retransmission of REGISTER request till say around 2 sec
>>> once i
>>> send 200 OK.
>>
>> In this case you have handle the REGISTER stateful.
>>
>> Daniel, haven't you extended save() to send the reply stateful if a
>> transaction was created?
>
> yes, the registrar sends stateful reply if transaction exists. Make sure
> sl module is loaded after tm so it can binds to tm api properly.
>

> Cheers,
> Daniel
>

>> regards
>> klaus
>>

>>> This will give ample amount of time to client phone to receive 200OK
>>> and
>>> once phone will receive 200OK it wont send another REGISTER request,
>>> and
>>> from server end first REGISTER retransmission i am dropping.that