[Kamailio-Users] Registration Timeout Retransmission

Hemanshu Patel hemanshu.patel at saicare.com
Fri Feb 12 06:02:18 CET 2010

Hello to all users,

I am very new to kamailio and just started using it. I have installed it
and my phones are getting register successfully.

But sometimes i am seeing a scenario, which makes my phones unusable for
sometime.
please see the condition as below

| phone |--------------| Kamailio |
   <----------------------401
| REGISTER----------------->
Tricky condition here

| timeout <--------------200 OK
phone shows itself as unregistered
| REGISTER---------------->
     <--------------------401

After several retries phone stops to retry till say next 20 seconds,
during that time though there's an entry in location table in kamailio (i
am using mysql) my phone shows itself as unregistered phone.

Due to load or any other conditions Server takes a bit time to send 200OK
back to phone and During that time timer expires and phone sends REGISTER
once again.
now phone will keep sending REGISTER request with same nonse and other
value, and kamailio is configured to not to entertained same credentials
with nonce if it is authenticated once. So kamailio generates new 401
Message with new nonce value to which phone understands as the previous
reply thet he send for previous 401 was rejected, and the most probable
reason is wrong user credentials.....

Hope you guys have got my problem?
i can not allow kamailio to let use the same credentials+ response with
nonce if it has used it once for security reason. Then what could be the
solution for this.
I am very good in Programming, but just that i have just started to use
kamailio and not very much aware about its architecture.

--
Regards,

Hemanshu Patel

M: 09601295238