[Kamailio-Users] Extra byte in Content-length header

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Thu Feb 11 20:06:59 CET 2010

El Jueves, 11 de Febrero de 2010, Vikram Ragukumar escribió:
> Hello,
>
> Just following up. Here is a link to a screen capture from Wireshark
> that shows the extra byte in the Content Length header field of the
> Register message.
>
> http://signalogic.com/images/SMC7004VWBR_UDP_payload_with_SIP_message_gets_
> modified.jpg
>
> We use an SMC7004VWBR router, but tech support at SMC said the router
> does not support SIP. Has anybody else seen a router make such a mod to
> a SIP message ?

I don't know that router but have dealed with other SMC routers and they *do*
include SIP-ALG built-in, and the worst: it cannot be dissabled in any way!

Check at this page (the list of SIP-ALG routers):
  http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Routers+SIP+ALG

So, if I understand correctly the Content-Length has the form:
???

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc at aliax.net>