[Kamailio-Users] kamailio crashes during connection attempt

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 20:43:12 CET 2010

On 2/8/10 8:37 PM, Klaus Darilion wrote:
> Am 08.02.2010 20:00, schrieb Dmitri:
>> Hello,
>> 1. Yes, there is at least 2 times more space than core dump needs.
>
> # Try specifying things manually, as user root:
> echo "/tmp/core.%e.sig%s.%p" > /proc/sys/kernel/core_pattern
>
> # verify configuration changes
> cat /proc/sys/kernel/core_pattern
>
> # set ulimit
> ulimit -c unlimited
>
> # start kamailio manually
> kamailio
>
> now kamailio should be running as user root and should be able to core
> dump into /tmp
>
>> 2. I could find nothing, unfortunately...
>> I can only see that problem is related to tm.so library:
>> kamailio kernel: [ 1051.432646] kamailio[2678]: segfault
>> at 12 ip 00007fa8b592ae43 sp 00007fff48ff9f40 error 4 in
>> tm.so[7fa8b5917000+72000]
>
> Daniel, I can't remember. Is it necessary to turn off some compiler
> optimizations in Makefile.defs to get a useful backtrace? (or was that
> in Asterisk?)
debugging symbols must be compiled in. I think they are now by default.
The debian distro version usually provides an extra package for them,
but should not be the case this time. Anyhow, would be good to get first
the core in any version (then we can find add dbg stuff if missing).

I am trying to get zoiper and test, but I would love to get more details
(like using udp/tcp, etc ...).