[Kamailio-Users] new: interactive debugger for config

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 23:22:47 CET 2010

Hi Alex,

On 2/4/10 10:34 PM, alex pappas wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> That is a very cool module! Great news!
> It will be added also for the Kamailio-1.5 or it is only for 3.0 ?

no, first because it will be some work to be backported in 1.5.x, then ...

The project policy is that released major versions get only bug fixes
and documentation improvements, resulting in minor versions. New
features are in devel version and we do major releases every 6 to 8
months to ensure availability of new features pretty quickly along with
a not-hard-to-do upgrade. 3.0.0 was a bit out of the pattern due to
unusual devel cycle that was integration with ser. Next major version
will be more straightforward to upgrade from 3.0.0.

Thus debugger will be actually in 3.1.0 (in few months), as 3.0.0 was
released. But is easier to backport to 3.0 if someone really wants it.