[Kamailio-Users] project updates

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 13:22:50 CET 2010

Hello,

I do not know how many noticed so far, for several days the management
web page was update to reflect an enlarged group of people that
represent Kamailio project. Since the collaboration within SIP Router
project proved fruitful, it is clear that the future development is
related to that project, therefore devel decisions will happen there
(join sr-dev at lists.sip-router.org to be in touch).

The last year and half was filled with heavy integration work and
testing, most of it not very challenging, but had to be done, so we
wanted to acknowledge the help given by our most active community
contributors.

As a project policy, we maintain officially the latest two stable
releases, now being 1.5.x and 3.0.x. The efforts of the group will be
directed in advocating and promoting Kamailio and SIP Router projects
world wide. Also some of them sponsor and take care of maintaining
resources such as servers, dns and web pages.

http://www.kamailio.org/mos/view/Management/

Given the big amount of work done for 3.0.0, the feedback so far is very
good, in these tree weeks we discovered few issues, most relevant
affecting sip_trace and uac modules, with a pretty active discussions
pool about this version. 3.0.0 branches are run by some open voip
providers for quite some time now (e.g., voipuser.org and iptel.org),
servicing thousands of active users, ensuring that the core modules
(e.g., acc, tm, auth, nat traversal, group, dialog, presence,
dispatcher, pv, textops, ...) are working smooth. As a side note, I have
it in other several production systems.

While I encourage everyone to send feedback about 3.0.0, worth to
mention that devel version (git master branch to become 3.1.0) has
already quite a lot of new features, so if you are looking for
adventures or need Lua API, geoip location, in memory tree indexed data,
Python API, user registrations to remote SIP servers (for inbound
calls), check-out git master and give it a try. Note that master is as
stable as 3.0.0 branches so far regarding old code, new additions
haven't touched other parts, being stand alone.

Looking forward to 3.1.0 as introducing new features but also providing
more tight integration with SIP Router, especially on some common used
modules.