[Kamailio-Users] Possible timing/latency related problem ?

Vikram Ragukumar vragukumar at signalogic.com
Fri Apr 9 19:44:55 CEST 2010

Hello,

Alex, Juha thank you for your response. We have been doing more
debugging here and have some more information regarding the problem

      Cell Phone     Kamailio       VoipSwitch
           |              |              |
           |INVITE        |              |
           |------------->|              |
           |100 Trying    |              |
           |<-------------|              |
           |              |INVITE        |
           |              |------------->|
           |              |100 trying    |
           |              |<-------------|
           |              |              |
           |INVITE        |              |
           |------------->|              |
           |100 Trying    |              |
           |<-------------|              |
           |              |183SessionProg|
           |              |<-------------|
           |              |180 Ringing   |
           |              |<-------------|
           |180 Ringing   |              |
           |<-------------|              |<-- 180 Ringing relayed before
           |183SessionProg|              |    183 Session Progress.
           |<-------------|              |    Proxy not rewriting c=
           |              |    200 OK    |    field in SDP before
           |    200 OK    |<-------------|    relaying to Cell phone
           |<-------------|              |
           |     ACK      |              |
           |------------->|              |
           |              |     ACK      |
           |              |------------->|
           |              |     BYE      |
           |              |<-------------|
           |    BYE       |              |
           |<-------------|              |

1) We setup logs for SIP message exchange at the proxy. The logs
indicate that on "some occasions" 180 Ringing is relayed before 183
Session Progress to the cellphone although these messages are received
in the reverse order from the Sip server.

2) Connection parameter not rewritten in SDP of 180 Ringing. The c=
connection parameter in the SDP of the 180 Ringing message that is
relayed to the cellphone from the proxy has the ip address of the Sip
server instead of the ip address of the proxy.

3) All other messages (183 Session Progress, 200 OK) that contain an SDP
are rewritten by the proxy prior to relaying to the Cell phone.

Why is the SDP connection parameter not being rewritten for the 180
Ringing message alone ?
How can i ensure the SIP messages are relayed in the order they are
received ?

Thanks and Regards,
Vikram.