[Kamailio-Users] fr_inv_timer in kam-3.0

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 00:10:06 CEST 2010

On 4/8/10 11:06 PM, Alex Balashov wrote:
> On 04/08/2010 05:06 PM, Ovidiu Sas wrote:
>
>> I have to agree with Juha here.  In the next major release we should
>> get rid of this flavor stuff.
>> Everyone should bite the bullet and make their old scripts compatible
>> with the new architecture.
>
> Even I will agree with this, and I am very resistant to change by nature.

Three major aspects seem to be controlled by compat mode:
- exit vs drop - in K they are distinct (e.g., drop is different in
branch and onreply routes), in SER drop==exit
- some bits in tm - avp parms format (in K they use PV format, to be
coherent with all other modules), auto-correction of timer parmeters
that used to be seconds in K and now are milliseconds and auto-dropping
of branches for serial forking
- modules' functions fixup attempts - in S mode, fixups based on
pseudo-variables are not tried

If there is a way to make everyone happy with a single mode, then I am
all for it.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla * http://www.asipto.com/ *
http://twitter.com/miconda *
http://www.linkedin.com/in/danielconstantinmierla