[Kamailio-Users] fr_inv_timer in kam-3.0

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 22:50:18 CEST 2010

On 4/8/10 10:05 PM, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:
>
>   >  When #!KAMAILIO is defined and the value of timeout avp is less than
>   >  120, then it is multiplied with 1000 (auto-correction from second to
>   >  milisecond), but since it actually second for AVP case, will result in a
>   >  very long timeout :-).
>   >
>   >  I will fix it.
>
> i hope your fix don't break my script, where i have not defined
> #!KAMAILIO.

no, it is not affected if you don't use #!KAMAILIO.

Let me try to explain what #!KAMAILIO does, so people understand better
what happens inside the code:
- when you define it, a global variable is set (similar to a global cfg
parameter)
- inside the code, there are some IF conditions testing the value of
this variable, and if matches kamailio, then some particular behaviour
is done
- the goal of it is to have kind of profile, for compatibility reasons
with behaviour of kamailio 1.5. There are about 5 things controlled by
it right now

> it is VERY bad to have all these different modes.

It is like with global parameters, a good documentation should make it
easier...

>    for 3.1 we should get
> rid of them and have only one mode.  it also makes writing the docs
> easier, when people can concentrate on one version of the docs instead
> of two or three.

I agree we should reduce as much as possible, but as said above, it is
practically just like another global parameter.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla * http://www.asipto.com/ *
http://twitter.com/miconda *
http://www.linkedin.com/in/danielconstantinmierla