[Kamailio-Users] fr_inv_timer in kam-3.0

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 21:50:34 CEST 2010

On 4/8/10 5:16 PM, Alex Balashov wrote:
> I noticed this too.
>
> On 04/08/2010 11:11 AM, Andreas Granig wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> In the docs at
>> http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/3.0.x/modules/tm.html#fr_inv_timer it
>> says that fr_inv_timer_avp should be defined like this, without $ or
>> $avp:
>>
>> modparam("tm", "fr_inv_timer_avp", "my_fr_inv_timer")
>>
>> In kam <= 1.5 I did it like that:
>>
>> modparam("tm", "fr_inv_timer_avp", "$avp(s:callee_fr_inv_timer)")

if you set config to kamailio compat mode via #!KAMAILIO then it accepts
the kamailio format where all avps are specified in PV format:
$avp(...). Doc needs some update :-) ...

>> which doesn't give me an error on startup with kam-3.0 either, but the
>> timer doesn't get fired (I use seconds for that as noted in the docs).

Well, seems to be a bug in code, I thought the timer is set in
miliseconds even for avps. It is a incoherence imo, the fr_timer and
fr_inv_timer module parameters are in miliseconds, but when given via
avps expects seconds, making impossible to have dynamic timeouts less
than 1 sec via avp. There is t_set_fr() but would be easier to have all
timeouts using same unit.

When #!KAMAILIO is defined and the value of timeout avp is less than
120, then it is multiplied with 1000 (auto-correction from second to
milisecond), but since it actually second for AVP case, will result in a
very long timeout :-).

I will fix it.

Thanks,
Daniel