[Kamailio-Users] kamailio 1.4.3 slow

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 09:20:16 CEST 2009

Hello,

On 29.09.2009 23:17 Uhr, Juan Perez wrote:
> we finally found what was causing the prob, at least the prob is gone
> after doing this:
>
> In the syslog config file of the server where kamailio was working
> fine we found this entry:
>
> local0.none  /var/log/messages
>
> we added it to the server with probs and problem solved.
>
> Since we were using the facility 0 to log the messages from kamailio
> apparently we need to add that entry listed above as well to make the
> logging work better.
> this is how we setup kamailio's logging, using the example from the web:
>
> # log messages with LOG_LOCAL0 in /var/log/ser.log
> local0.*
> -/var/log/proxy.log
>
> I do not know the reason why but it fixed our issue. I wanted to share
> with you.
> cheers and thank you a lot for your assistance

before this local0.none line in syslog.conf, did you get the messages
written by kamailio to /var/log/messages as well as in
/var/log/proxy.log? If yes, that might caused delays since it was
synchronous writing to /var/log/messages -- although pretty strange
considering all local0 were diverted to proxy.log, but of course it
depends to syslog default conf at the end.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
* Kamailio SIP Masterclass, Nov 9-13, 2009, Berlin
* http://www.asipto.com/index.php/sip-router-masterclass/