[Kamailio-Users] Need Assistance Tracking Down A SIP Signaling Problem

Geoffrey Mina geoffreymina at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 22:16:35 CEST 2009

Hello,
I am wondering if anyone can help me determine what the problem with
my SIP signaling is here.  I have attached two Excel files (can
provide other formats if someone doesn't have Excel).  The
environments in both scenarios are almost identical... although I am
dealing with two different carriers upstream.

In my environment, I have Kamailio (1.5) sitting in front of a
multitude of Asterisk machines.  I am using the dispatcher module to
distribute INVITE requests across the network.  I am doing some
interop with a new carrier and we are struggling a bit with some
looping scenarios.  They are sending invites to my Kamailio server, I
am forwarding to asterisk.

The two XLS files (Success.xls) and (Fail.xls) have sip_trace
information for the transactions.  As you can see in the Fail.xls, the
ACK to the 200 OK gets looped back to the Kamailio server and never
ends up reaching the Asterisk machine.  In the Success.xls, this
doesn't happen.  The only thing I can see that's different is the
Success carrier appears to be replacing the RURI in the ACK with the
value of the Contact header... in the failed one, the RURI of the ACK
is the IP of my Kamailio gateway.

I have read through the RFC 3261 to try and figure out what is
breaking this, but haven't been able to.  I basically need to
determine if the signalling is correct... what is wrong with my
config... and if the signalling is wrong, what the carrier is doing
incorrectly.

Thanks in advance!
Geoff