[Kamailio-Users] RTPproxy pre-filling callee // media address

Nick Lemberger Nick.Lemberger at lkfd.net
Thu Sep 17 15:18:44 CEST 2009

Sone background:
I'm trying to use Kamailio as a multi-homed proxy in front of a softswitch, one NIC has a public IP, the other a private.  The softswitch is in the private network and all SIP messaging goes through a 'virtual IP' on the softswitch which allows for statefull failover between the softswitch CPUs.  The media on the other had goes to an address stated in the SDP message.

I don't have any problem with the SIP messaging, it flows as expected.  Also, the RTP stream from my UAC to Kamailio/RTPproxy is working as expected as well (I can record audio on this leg).

There is a problem when RTP proxy sets up the leg on the internal side of the network, I see the following in the logs:
Sep 17 07:56:36 voip.lakefield.net rtpproxy[20388]: [ID 408714 mail.info] INFO:handle_command: pre-filling callee's address with 192.168.249.40:33020

I'm wondering what variable Kamailio gets the 192.168.249.40 address from - this is the virtual IP for SIP messaging.  In the SDP body of those messages from the softswitch, I see that it's supposed to use 192.168.249.8 as the media IP (and I see that it's setting up the correct port information, source port of 33020 in this instance, but with the wrong IP).  Where can I tell Kamailio what IP should be telling RTPProxy?

Thanks,
-Nick