[Kamailio-Users] kamailio 1.4.3 slow

Juan Perez jperezsip2008 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 16 17:33:43 CEST 2009

hello

I installed kamailio in a pc with dual quad core @ 3.3GHz, 4 GB RAM and see that kamailio is very slow answering to INVITEs from the inbound carriers.
The DEBUG is set to 3 and the idle CPU lowers only to 87% or 90 %, which is still decent but anyways the performance is very bad.

This is the first time that I see this, I have it installed in other machines with less resources, same OS [CentOS 5.2 64 bits] and it is performing very very good. I know that a high debug level is a enemy but in my case is set to 3 like in the other system, and it is using the same configuration file. What other thing may affect the performance?

I have made sure that it is not a network issue because the captures are taken in the same machine and I see multiples INVITEs hitting it and no response at all until more than 2 seconds

I would appreciate any help or suggestions

cheers

jp