[Kamailio-Users] DIVERSION or UAC_REDIRECT or BOTH

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Thu Sep 3 10:56:11 CEST 2009

On Dienstag, 1. September 2009, Omar wrote:
> Our customer is  sending call forwarding to a toll free number using
> the diversion header
>
> the scenario is :
>
> customer---->proxy------>Kamailio----->carrier----->
>
> not sure where the diversion have to touch the Kamailio, if kamailio
> has only to pass through the headers, but i only got a 404 from the
> carrier.
> but not a 302 nor similar, what i know is we send the call, but i do
> not have any additional traceback.
>

> When i should use the UAC_redirect and.or Diversion modules?!

Hi Omar,

have you tried to investigated why you get this 404 from the carrier?

The diversion module can only be used to add a new diversion header (something
that can also be done with textops, for example). The uac_redirect module can
be used teach kamailio how to handle redirect responses (3XX replies), for
example for correct accounting and to append them as new branches for later
relaying. Take a look to the module docs for more information, it contains
also a cfg example.

Cheers,

Henning