[Kamailio-Users] DIVERSION or UAC_REDIRECT or BOTH

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Tue Sep 1 11:26:57 CEST 2009

On Sonntag, 23. August 2009, Omar Mendoza wrote:
> I got confused:
>
> Using Kamailio 1.4.3

Hi Omar,

i need also to ask you for a bit more details, as i got a bit confused as well
what you trying to achive. ;-)

> uac_redirect is been used to handle diversion, also the draft expired
> there is anew one http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-levy-sip-
> diversion-10, is this used together with the diversion module, or no
> need at all.
>
> or is diversion module when you have customers registered in your
> system?
>
> I am do not have phones registered in my system at all, i use mainly
> the CR module, and i need to allow diversion headers.
> which one to use, or both?!

If you just want to route messages with Diversion headers, you don't need to
do anything, the proxy will just route them as any other message.

> Also i am scare to use the diversion due the CDRs will create a new
> record for that, who i will charge the call for?! :)

The acc module (if you use this for accounting) will not evaluate the
diversion header on its own.

> and if i use UAC_REDIRECT should i be able to use the avp $dip and the
> following, from ROUTE to add to the accounting?
> Diversion header URI
>
> $di - reference to Diversion header URI
>

> Diversion "privacy" parameter
>
> $dip - reference to Diversion header “privacy” parameter value
>

> Diversion "reason" parameter
>
> $dir - reference to Diversion header “reason” parameter value

If there is a Diversion header in the message (with eventual parameters) you
could use this pseudo-variables to access it/ them.

Does this information helps you?

Henning