[Kamailio-Users] LCR problem with "id" column and match priorities

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Fri Oct 30 15:27:58 CET 2009

2009/10/30 Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com>:
> Iñaki Baz Castillo writes:
>
>  > What do you mean with "gw group"? I just know "gateways" (in "gw"
>  > table) and rules (in "lcr" table).
>
> gw groups have been in lcr module as long as it has existed.  see
> readme. a gw group consists of one or more gws.  it is gw groups that
> are referred in lcr table, not individual gws.  gws of the selected
> group are then tried based on their weight.

Yes, that's what I know: in lcr table you can define rules (group ids)
with different priorities. For each group id, there are N gateways
(those defined in "gw" table with matching grp_id), and selected based
on weight.

So when a gateway is selected its attributes (strip, tag...) should be
loaded. If there are various entries in "gw" table with same ip_addr
but different attributes belonging to different groups, then the
selected attributes should be those included in the selected "gw" row.
How could be different that this? IMHO it's obvious, but perhaps I
miss something.

>  > Definitively I don't understand what you mean with "gw group".
>  > Supposing there are just "lcr" and "gw" tables, I understand that each
>  > gateway (in "gw") has its own attrbutes and that's all. Do I miss
>  > something?
>
> yes, each gw has its own attributes, but if the same gw appears in many
> groups, it can have different attributes (like strip/tag) in each.

ok, so as I said above, IMHO it makes 100% sense that the selected
attributes are those balonging to the selected gateway (by matching
"grp_id" of course).

Regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo