[Kamailio-Users] kam 1.5 syslog on solaris 10

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 10:40:42 CET 2009

On 28.10.2009 9:51 Uhr, Henning Westerholt wrote:
> On Mittwoch, 28. Oktober 2009, Robert McGilvray wrote:
> > so it is working with 1.3 but not with 1.5, right? IIRC, some changes
> > were added when introducing async logging and running under daemontools.
> >
> > The log you pasted at the end is what you get not in syslog file?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Daniel
> >
> > --
> >

> > Right - works with 1.3 but not 1.5.2 The log at the bottom actually does
> > show up in syslog but that's the last I ever see if I set fork=yes. If I
> > set fork=no (with log_stderror=no) then everything shows up as expected.
> >

> > On 1.3 and with fork=no on 1.5 I see a bunch of open file entries for
> > xlog pointing at my log device that aren't there when it daemonizes.
> > Example:
> >
> > openser 23192 openser txt VREG 85,3 55156 104971
> > /usr/local/openser-1.3.2/lib64/openser/modules/xlog.so
> > openser 23192 openser 3w VCHR 21,3289 11010052
> > /devices/pseudo/log at 0:conslog->LOG
> >
> > I was looking at the commits earlier and noticed the changes you're
> > talking about. There was some work done moving the openlog() stuff from
> > daemonize.c to main.c - looks like some kind of solaris bug was
> > introduced in one of them.
>

> Hello Robert,
>

> with regards to the async logging, its not enabled by default, so i
> guess the changes you talking about are guilty.

this is the commit mentioned:
http://openser.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/openser?view=rev&revision=5142

and seems to be the last one to these files. Robert, can you get and
test revision before this commit (probably works to get just the three
files and copy them in your source tree)? Would help to identify if this
is the problem since I have no solaris 10.

Thanks,