[Kamailio-Users] kam 1.5 syslog on solaris 10

Robert McGilvray rmcgilvr at globeop.com
Wed Oct 28 01:05:02 CET 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel-Constantin Mierla [mailto:miconda at gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 27, 2009 4:38 PM
To: Robert McGilvray
Cc: users at lists.kamailio.org
Subject: Re: [Kamailio-Users] kam 1.5 syslog on solaris 10

Hello,

so it is working with 1.3 but not with 1.5, right? IIRC, some changes
were added when introducing async logging and running under daemontools.

The log you pasted at the end is what you get not in syslog file?

Right - works with 1.3 but not 1.5.2 The log at the bottom actually does
show up in syslog but that's the last I ever see if I set fork=yes. If I
set fork=no (with log_stderror=no) then everything shows up as expected.

On 1.3 and with fork=no on 1.5 I see a bunch of open file entries for
xlog pointing at my log device that aren't there when it daemonizes.
Example:

openser   23192  openser  txt   VREG          85,3     55156    104971
/usr/local/openser-1.3.2/lib64/openser/modules/xlog.so
openser   23192  openser    3w  VCHR       21,3289            11010052
/devices/pseudo/log at 0:conslog->LOG

I was looking at the commits earlier and noticed the changes you're
talking about. There was some work done moving the openlog() stuff from
daemonize.c to main.c - looks like some kind of solaris bug was
introduced in one of them.

Bob

This email with all information contained herein or attached hereto may contain confidential and/or privileged information intended for the addressee(s) only. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender and immediately delete this email in its entirety and any attachments thereto.