[Kamailio-Users] max channel capacity

Jeff Brower jbrower at signalogic.com
Wed Oct 21 08:40:03 CEST 2009

Raúl Alexis-

> On Wednesday 21 October 2009 00:31:58 Jeff Brower wrote:
>> All-
>>
>> On a reasonably fast server, say quad-core, what is the approx maximum
>> number of G711 IP calls when using Kamailio and rtpproxy?  What if rtpproxy
>> runs on a second server?
>>
>> No echo can, no packet concealment, etc... just G711.
>>
>> -Jeff
>
> Taking into account that rtpproxy/mediaproxy only does RTP forwarding ... it's
> more a matter of how do you tune up your networking part (network card
> hardware, switch hardware, network tunning, etc.) and how many bandwitdh do
> you have available.

Ok.

> Also .. rtpproxy doesn't do anything with echo cancelation, or packet
> concealment ... that's a UAC/UAS task, not a proxy one.

Yes agree.  But in our case we modify rtpproxy to "re-route" UDP/RTP packets to a DSP PCIe card, which can provide
additional capability, including transcoding.  So I'm trying to establish a reasonable "base line" for max channel cap
-- we would not want the DSP card to reduce the base line.

-Jeff