[Kamailio-Users] How to fetch SIP Data from Asterisk?

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Fri Oct 9 18:39:20 CEST 2009

On Freitag, 9. Oktober 2009, Vibhor Singhal wrote:
> We are developing CTI applications where we need SIP data from PBX such as
> SourceIP,Username,Destination IP,TAG,VIA,Contact,CALL-ID,C-Sequence etc for
> each of the SIP packets such as REGISTER,BYE,INVITE,ACK,SUBSCRIBE,NOTIFY
> etc.
>
> e.g Wrieshark displays SIP packets for activities going on SIP port in the
> below mentioned format:
> [..]
>
> For this we are trying Kamailio as Asterisk frontend.Plz tell us about the
> installation process and how to make kamailio as asterisk's fromtend

Hallo Vibhor,

for installation of kamailio take a look to the wiki, for example at:
http://www.kamailio.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/install:kamailio-1.5.x-from-svn

In the "installation" section there are also some more informations:
http://www.kamailio.org:80/dokuwiki/doku.php

How to use kamailio as a frontend to asterisk has been discussed a lot on this
list in the past, the easiest way is probably use the "dispatcher" module.
Take a look to the docs for this module for more informations.

Best regards,

Henning