[Kamailio-Users] SIMPLE vs XMPP: The Resolution

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Fri Oct 9 11:25:38 CEST 2009

2009/10/9 Olle E. Johansson <oej at edvina.net>:

> 6 okt 2009 kl. 19.18 skrev Iñaki Baz Castillo:
>
>> Attached the architecture of XMPP and SIMPLE (OMA specifications) for a
>> presence environment.
>
> THere's also a draft and a proposal for a new wg that tries to resolve
> issues between SIP and XMPP (without SIMPLE) on the client side, without
> messing with gateways.

What does "without SIMPLE" mean?
I will no accept such kind of "hack" (a multiprotocol client). SIMPLE
is capable of offering similar services as XMPP does. Just
implementations are needed. And this will never achieved if we insist
on using XMPP "because SIMPLE is not mature yet".

Just my opinion. Regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>