[Kamailio-Users] Core dump on xl_get_pai in Openser 1.2.2

Marcello Lupo mlist at itspecialist.it
Thu Nov 26 00:59:38 CET 2009

Hi Daniel,
i think the problem is not strictly related to the xl_get_pai in items.c but should be a correlation with next_branches usage.
I saw that all the time openser crash when it make use of next_branches because the first and the second termination gateway are out of resources. On the 3rd branch (second usage of next_branches) the process crash with the segfault or general protection.
The only modification i made was to implement checking for P-Preferred-Identity or P-Asserted-Identity in the INVITE and to remove it from the forwarded INVITE. I make this check in the relay_route of the message because i saw that original Headers are taken again in case of a branch failure. So i have to make it every time the message is relayed to a different gateway.
If i remove this check and removing of headers it is working properly.
Do you see any clue on this?
Thank you.

On Nov 25, 2009, at 7:10 PM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:

> Hello,
> can you at least update to latest svn branch 1.2? The latest version in 1.2.x series is 1.2.3. Being so old is hard to remember, but definitely there were some fixes from 1.2.2 to 1.2.3 and would be easier to troubleshoot the latest stable version in that series.
> Cheers,
> Daniel
> On 25.11.2009 12:12 Uhr, Marcello Lupo wrote:
>> Hi to all,
>> i implemented the P-Asserted-Identity and P-Preferred-Identity Header management.
>> On the development server all is working properly but when i activate the new config on our production system i start to get crashes of the openser process:
>> openser[31483]: segfault at 0000000000000000 rip 0000000000487853 rsp 00007fff94c9f1a0 error 4
>> openser[6511]: segfault at 0000000000000025 rip 00000000004214ce rsp 00007fff80f05480 error 4
>> openser[8967] general protection rip:4214ce rsp:7fff05fbb530 error:0
>> openser[9872] general protection rip:4214ce rsp:7fffd2b630d0 error:0
>> I checked the core dump with gdb and i have this info from the core:
>> Core was generated by `/usr/sbin/openser'.
>> Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation fault.
>> #0  xl_get_pai (msg=0x2b4ad9030d00, res=0x7fffd2b63190, param=<value optimized out>, flags=<value optimized out>) at items.c:1050
>> 1050	    res->rs.len = get_pai(msg)->uri.len;
>> We are using the 1.2.2 version and i know it is quite old but i like to understand if it happen for some known bug or if i made something wrong.
>> For the moment is not possible for us to manage the upgrade to a newer version of the proxy till we will not have it redundant on another location.
>> Thank you for help.
>> Bye,
>> MArcello
>> _______________________________________________
>> Kamailio (OpenSER) - Users mailing list
>> Users at lists.kamailio.org
>> http://lists.kamailio.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
>> http://lists.openser-project.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
> -- 
> Daniel-Constantin Mierla
> * http://www.asipto.com/

More information about the Users mailing list