[Kamailio-Users] we don't follow the RFCs!

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Tue Nov 24 16:23:32 CET 2009

BERGANZ François wrote:

> As I could see in the source, we don’t follow the RFCs.
> If I send an INVITE, kamailio response a “Giving a try”
> It isn’t in the RFCs! It is normaly “Trying”.

In SIP protocol semantics, only the status reply code (100) is relevant.
  Although there are conventional reply "reasons" in the RFC as well as
canonical forms, variations on them are not, strictly speaking,
violations of the RFC because they have no material effect on the state
machine.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems