[Kamailio-Users] adding a new event package

Aymeric Moizard jack at atosc.org
Mon Nov 23 13:38:25 CET 2009

I'm experimenting some modification in kamailio to
add support for a new "SIP event package". Unfortunalty,
it seems the parser of kamailio and its presence module
both are limited to accept:

#define EVENT_OTHER          0
#define EVENT_PRESENCE       1
#define EVENT_PRESENCE_WINFO 2
#define EVENT_SIP_PROFILE    3
#define EVENT_XCAP_CHANGE    4
#define EVENT_DIALOG         5
#define EVENT_MWI            6
#define EVENT_DIALOG_SLA     7

If any other module define support for a new event package,
the presence module will not accept the subscription and
reject it with 489 because it is considered an EVENT_OTHER.

I'm working with 1.5.x branch. Would that be different in
newer core?

If I propose to write a patch, would you consider it?
What alternative do I have to add unknown event package
as module without modifying the core? Did I missed any
key?

Regards,
Aymeric MOIZARD / ANTISIP
amsip - http://www.antisip.com