[Kamailio-Users] Play Early Media

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 16:34:08 CET 2009

Hello,

On 17.11.2009 14:22 Uhr, alex pappas wrote:
> Hi.
>
> So the idea is when i get in my proxy an 180 Ringing message , to play
> Early media on the one that initiated the INVITE in the first place.
> The 180 ringing is passing my onreply_route. In this case how can I
> extract the related session of caller and send him the Early media?
> Also Daniel what is the difference of playing media to the UAC  or the
> UAS? who is who?

in sip terminology, UAC is the one that sends the request and UAS is the
one that sends the reply. However, some people do a mixture and consider
uac being the callerand uac being the callee. Not using the funtion, I
thought it might be easier to test both variants instead of checking the
code.

> [...]
>                Nov 17 14:18:47 YGOR /usr/local/sbin/kamailio[4862]:
>                ERROR:nathelper:extract_body: message body has length zero
>                Nov 17 14:18:47 YGOR /usr/local/sbin/kamailio[4862]:
>                ERROR:nathelper:force_rtp_proxy: can't extract body
>         from the
>                message
>                Nov 17 14:18:47 YGOR /usr/local/sbin/kamailio[4862]:
>                ERROR:nathelper:select_rtpp_node: script error -no
>         valid set
>                selected
>                Nov 17 14:18:47 YGOR /usr/local/sbin/kamailio[4862]:
>                ERROR:nathelper:rtpproxy_stream: no available proxies
>

>                Thanks
>
>                Alex
>

>                On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 2:17 PM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla
>                <miconda at gmail.com <mailto:miconda at gmail.com>
>         <mailto:miconda at gmail.com <mailto:miconda at gmail.com>>
>                <mailto:miconda at gmail.com <mailto:miconda at gmail.com>
>         <mailto:miconda at gmail.com <mailto:miconda at gmail.com>>>> wrote:
>
>                   Hello,
>

>                   On 17.11.2009 13:14 Uhr, alex pappas wrote:
>
>                       Dear all,
>
>                       I'm trying to play Early Media instead of
>         Ringing WHEN
>                an 180
>                       Ringing OR 182 Call Queue message is received
>         from the
>                       destination UAC. In the onreply_route[1] I added the
>                following
>                       lines in bold:
>
>                       I use kamailio 1.5 and I have NAT enabled.
>
>                       onreply_route[1] {
>                              xdbg("incoming reply\n");
>                              if ((isflagset(5) || isbflagset(6)) &&
>                       status=~"*(180)|*(183)|(2[0-9][0-9])") {
>                                      force_rtp_proxy();
>                              }
>                             * if (status=~"(180)") {
>
>          rtpproxy_stream2uac("/usr/local/etc/rtpproxy/ast-ivr.alaw","");
>                              } else {
>                                  rtpproxy_stop_stream2uac();
>                              }*
>                              if (isbflagset(6)) {
>                                      fix_nated_contact();
>                              }
>                       }
>

>                   try rtpproxy_stream2uas(...) instead of stream to
>         uac function.
>
>                   Cheers,
>                   Daniel
>

>                       When I get from a UAC an 180 Ringing does not
>         play the
>                media and
>                       also in the syslog I see the following ERRORs:
>
>                       Nov 17 14:11:29 YGOR /usr/local/sbin/kamailio[4681]:
>                       ERROR:nathelper:extract_body: message body has
>         length zero
>                       Nov 17 14:11:29 YGOR /usr/local/sbin/kamailio[4681]:
>                       ERROR:nathelper:force_rtp_proxy: can't extract body
>                from the message
>                       Nov 17 14:11:29 YGOR /usr/local/sbin/kamailio[4681]:
>                       ERROR:nathelper:select_rtpp_node: script error -no
>                valid set
>                       selected
>                       Nov 17 14:11:29 YGOR /usr/local/sbin/kamailio[4681]:
>                       ERROR:nathelper:rtpproxy_stream: no available

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
* http://www.asipto.com/